Monday, January 3, 2022

Thank Goodness It's Monday #456

 IT'S BEEN A WHILE

This first Monday of the New Year of 2022 seems to me a good time to revive this old blog. 

There's certainly been no shortage of thoughtful and thoughtless input across digital media platforms since I last seriously posted here more than a half-dozen years ago. 

And I've certainly raised my voice and also held my tongue (and nose) in many of those places in the interim. Likewise, in the best tradition of recycling, I've resurrected, revised and re-shared not a few thoughts originally aired here. 

But as I reflect now, all that airing and sharing feels a bit out-in-the-ether and impermanent. 

So I've a mind to recommit to this space and process and, with some good fortune, see if I can use it and the process to both focus my thinking and support the original stated premise of this endeavor namely to provide "ideas for your information & inspiration" that might serve as a catalyst to create outcomes beneficial to the days ahead. 

And thus, we begin anew with a bit of philosophizing, seasonally appropriate and evergreen:


"What we call the beginning is often the end. 
And to make an end is to make a beginning. 
The end is where we start from."

Poet T.S. Eliot, (1888-1965) made that clear in "Little Gidding,” the fourth and final poem of his Four Quartets.

A penny for the old man.

And onward we go into 2022.

Persist.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. We can but try. Maybe I can churn some attendance at places we appreciate and spark some lazy synapse -- mine and others -- as well.

      Delete
  2. Are you open to topic suggestions or would you like to proceed by your own intuition and experince?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All civil input is welcome by me, tho' I expect to limit political posturing (mine and commentators) to matters historic as I understand them. Please participate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our culture seems to be moving forward into the past. Those who have inspired us, are in the grave. Societal anger is extant. Diversity must be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete